Oakland University's School of Education & Human Services
- apply at least one new skill in regards to educational technology in the classroom
- demonstrate leadership by modeling the use of educational technology to others in their district
- identify ways that educational technology can be used to support instruction and student learning, not interfere with it
- Learn how to utilize cutting edge technology to enhance instruction in the classroom
- Leave with practical lesson ideas to use in your own classroom, including all ages/subject areas
- Networking opportunities with other K-12 educators
- Educators can earn SCECHs
- Light refreshments and lunch provided
March 2017 workshop session to be announced soon!
Winter 2017 presenters to be announced soon!
- Presentations - Teams or individual proposals will be accepted. Sessions will run 75 minutes, allowing for more in-depth presentation and Q&A.
- Content - We encourage sessions involving BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and those that allow time for active discussion among participants, so that educators will have some takeaway elements they can use immediately following in their classrooms. Presentation selections will be made based on desired topics, flow of content, educational value, and quality of learning objectives. All selected content will be published in workshop publications and online.
- Agenda Schedule - The workshop organizers will set the time for each presentation, in order to optimize the sequencing and flow of content. Sessions will end by 3:30 p.m. on March 4, 2017. Oakland University will notify all selected speakers by February 3, 2017.
Past topics have included:
- SMART Board Technology and Lesson Design
- Tablet-Based Instruction
- Online and Blended Learning
- iPads in the Classroom
- iPad Apps for Elementary Students
- Best Apps for Special Needs Students
- GoogleApps in the Classroom
- Google Add-ons
- Connecting to the Global Classroom
- Creating a Personal Learning Network (PLN)
- Digital Portfolios and Assessment
- Social Media in the Classroom
- The Paperless Classroom
- Online Connections for Elementary Classrooms
Suggest topics of interest may include:
- Technology in the Elementary Classroom
- Technology Topics by Subject or Grade Level
- Beginner Tech in the Classroom
- SMART Boards / Interactive White Boards
- GAFE or Advanced Google Apps
- Creating Classroom Websites
- Ideas for Low-Income / Low-Tech Schools
- Using Technology to Improve Test Scores
- Google Classroom
- Building Digital Portfolios
- Global Learning with iPads and Google
- Technology for Special Education Students
- All speakers will receive the following: complimentary registration for the workshop with access to the keynote session and all workshop sessions, along with refreshments and lunch.
- Speakers will be featured in the workshop publication and on the OU School of Education and Human Services website.
- The above benefits do not extend to staff or colleagues who may accompany the speaker.
Terms and Conditions
The submitter agrees to the following terms and conditions when submitting a session proposal:
- The OU Enhancing Instruction with Technology Workshop Committee has final determination of learning sessions. Each concurrent learning session will last 75 minutes.
- Primary presenter is responsible for submitting presentation materials and handouts prior to the conference for inclusion on the Enhancing Instruction with Technology mobile application. All presentation materials are due by Friday, February 24, 2017.
- Learning session materials will be provided on a mobile application for registrants only prior to the workshop for the attendees to download.
- Hotel, travel, and other expenses are not covered; speakers are responsible for their own expenses.
- Only the primary speaker will receive one complimentary conference registration per presentation. Oakland University automatically registers the primary speaker for the conference. Co-presenters will need to register themselves for the conference if they plan to attend learning sessions.
- This session may be photographed for the purpose of marketing for the School of Education and Human Services and Oakland University.
- Primary presenter is responsible for obtaining permission to reproduce handouts if copyrighted by an organization other than Oakland University.
Please complete the online application form by Friday, January 20, 2017.
Selected presenters will be notified via email by Friday, February 3, 2017.
All presentation materials and handouts are due by Friday, February 24, 2017 and will be included on the Enhancing Instruction with Technology mobile application.
If you have any questions regarding the submission process, please contact Kelly Quintana at email@example.com.
- Workshop Registration Fee: $80
- SCECHs Fee: Additional $10
- Parking is free on Oakland University's Main Campus
- Lunch will be provided to all participants
(248) 370-3997 phone | (248) 370-4961 fax