Master of Education in Teacher Leadership
Master of Education in Teacher LeadershipDo you want to make a difference in your classroom and your school? The Master of Education in Teacher Leadership program is for teachers who aspire to formal and informal leadership roles in their classroom and beyond.
- 30 credits leading to a masters’ degree
- Two-year, cohort-based model
- Hybrid coursework consisting of Saturday classes plus online coursework
- Teacher-driven action research using data to improve student achievement
- The classroom as a learning laboratory
- Encouragement to try formal and informal leadership roles
- Emphasis on developing classroom expertise through the study of instruction and assessment, effective use of technology, cultural awareness and social justice.
The knowledge, skills and dispositions we seek to develop in teacher leaders must reflect and sustain the following core competencies. Our vision is to create a world-class teacher leadership program that transforms schools into successful and 'leaderful' learning communities.
- Quality education and education leadership are central to promoting social justice and diversity central to ethical leadership;
- Excellent leadership development and preparation will nurture not only knowledge, but also critical reflection and professionally responsive behaviors;
- Collaboration and teamwork involving all members of the organization are essential to support quality schools;
- Action research and learning that is embedded in authentic school contexts, case-studies and problem based learning offers diverse opportunities to develop leadership skills and is central to the coursework; and
- Commitment to data collection and ongoing data analysis are essential to capturing what is known and needed to eradicate achievement gap chasms.
- Submission of a goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts
- A teaching certificate
Oakland County |
Oakland University - Main Campus
Rochester, MI 48309
Application Type: Grad – Masters
Planned Course of Study:
Hybrid Program: M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership
To request an Application Packet or request more information, please contact the program coordinator:
Jasmine Bailey, Project Manager
(248) 209-2464 phone | (248) 209-2461