Adviser for Admitted Transfer Students
RN-BSN PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Director of Undergraduate Programs
BSN Degree Completion Sequence for RNs
Nursing is a dynamic health care profession characterized by rapid and continuous change. In order for a nurse to maximize upon potential career opportunities as well as have the educational foundation for career advancement, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree is needed. The Oakland University School of Nursing Undergraduate Program BSN Degree Completion Sequence offers registered nurses with an Associates Degree or Diploma in Nursing the opportunity to earn a BSN degree in two to four years.
To meet the needs of the RN-BSN student for convenience and flexibility, all required nursing and non-nursing (e.g. general education) courses are offered online, and teaching methods build on students’ prior nursing education and clinical experiences. Clinical experiences are flexible.
The RN-BSN curriculum is taught fully online, is offered either as traditional 14 week courses or the NEW 7-week RN-BSN FAST TRACK option, and offers nursing-specific concentrated areas of study. In additional, all RN-BSN students pay in-state tuition. See the informational program flyer for details and nursing curriculum.
Receiving specialized knowledge and training can advance your career in nursing. Explore Oakland University's concentrations for an area of interest in an interactive interprofessional learning environment including a business minor.
The BSN Degree Completion Sequence will:
- provide students with a nursing education that meets the highest standards of the profession.
- foster critical thinking related to nursing care delivery and phenomena across the lifespan.
- facilitate the continued development of clinical decision-making skills based on ethical, legal, and cultural perspectives.
- integrate the concepts of evidence based practice into nursing care delivery.
- nurture a commitment to lifelong learning and prepare students for further education at the graduate level.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
- Satisfactory completion of a Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing program with an overall
- grade point average of 2.5 or better
- Valid RN license
APPLICATION PROCEDURE TO OAKLAND UNIVERSITY
- Follow the undergraduate admissions instructions (use major code 7040) on how to apply to Oakland University.
- Include a copy of your current RN license.
- When your application file is complete, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions will forward the file to the School of Nursing for review. You will be notified when you have been admitted.
- Following admission to the University, you will receive information regarding a new student orientation at which time a School of Nursing Academic Adviser will be available to meet with you to evaluate your transfer credits and develop a Plan of Study for the BSN degree completion sequence requirements.
If you are interested in learning more about admission criteria, the application process, course requirements and important dates, please attend one of our Program Advising Sessions (click for calendar). These sessions are offered monthly for each program track. The information provided at these sessions is useful for those students who want to learn more about the academic programs offered by the School of Nursing before applying to Oakland University.
Licensed RNs and students in the process of becoming a licensed RN are welcome.
Please read over the information on the website prior to attending.
Please allow additional time for parking. Plan to arrive 20 minutes prior to the scheduled Program Advising Session time.