MSN Option for BSN Degree Completion Sequence
The MSN option is designed for high achieving Registered Nurses who are already admitted to the Oakland University School of Nursing BSN degree completion sequence and who want to pursue a Master of Science in Nursing in Adult/Gerontological Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner after completing the BSN degree.
To be eligible for the MSN degree completion option, students must:
- Have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or higher in their Associate Degree in Nursing educational program AND have completed the following courses with a minimum over-all grade point average of 3.0 or better to be eligible to transfer to the /MSN option:
- BIO 121 Clinical Anatomy and Physiology
- BIO 307 Introduction to Human Microbiology
- CHM 104 Introduction to Chemical Principles
- CHM 201 Organic and Biological Chemistry
- WRT 160 Composition II
- NRS 310 Conceptual Foundations of Practice
- NRS 340 Health Promotion in the Community
- Be fully admitted to the BSN Degree Completion Sequence.
- Request a change in program status from BSN degree completion to MSN degree completion.
When a student is officially admitted to the SON graduate program, he/she will receive a graduate Plan of Study outlining the courses and the sequence necessary for completing the MSN degree, will be subject to graduate tuition rates, and must adhere to SON graduate policies.