Nursing and Nursing Education
What is Nursing?
Why is it important to get a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree?
What is the impact of nursing education on patient outcomes?
How do I transition into nursing if I already have a baccalaureate degree?
Why is a diverse nursing workforce important?
How are nursing education programs increasing the diversity of students?
What is an advanced practice registered nurse?
What is the Doctor of Nursing Practice degree?
How can I learn more about national and state nursing organizations?
- American Nurses Association http://nursingworld.org/
- Michigan Nurses Association http://www.minurses.org/
- American Assembly for Men in Nursing http://www.aamn.org/
- National Black Nurses Association http://www.nbna.org/
What is the job outlook for Registered Nurses in the United States?
- Employment of registered nurses is expected to grow 26 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than average for all occupations
Oakland University career resources:
- First Year Advising Center assists students who have not decided on a major or students who would like to explore their options.
- Adult Career Counseling Center offers FREE career guidance services to members of the community.
Career Services provides students and alumni comprehensive employment resources including advising, training and job development. Career Services can assist you to develop a resume/cover letter and prepare you for nursing employment interviews. Currently enrolled students can also sign up for access to Handshake, the online job/resume posting system, through Career Services. Career Services advisers are available to assist nursing students/graduates. Career Services Consultant, Carol Anne Ketelsen (firstname.lastname@example.org) works with pre-nursing and nursing students seeking internship and career-related work experiences prior to graduation as well as graduates seeking full-time, professional employment.