If you have questions related to any of Oakland's Continuing Education programs at Focus: HOPE, please contact us at 313-494-4653.
WE RESPECTFULLY REQUEST THAT YOU NOT CONTACT FOCUS:HOPE DIRECTLY FOR PROGRAM INFORMATION!
Practical Nursing (LPN Certification)
Thank you for your interest in the Oakland University Practical Nurse and Certified Nurse Assistant Continuing Education programs.
If you would like to be contacted, please fill out the information below and someone will respond to you within 24 business hours.
Acceptance into the program is determined by a first-come first-served basis. You must submit all materials described below and meet the criteria as stated in order to be eligible for possible acceptance.
The following items need to be mailed together in an envelope to the address below for review before acceptance into the at Focus:HOPE link for application.
- Practical Nurse (PN) Application
- Goal Statement
- High School Diploma or GED
- College transcripts (if applicable)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (one personal, one professional)
- Any certifications, including Certified Nurse Assistant (if applicable)
- ACT testing scores (Composite score of at least 17)
- ACT testing scores can be waived if you have more than 25 college credit hours, with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher or an Associate or higher level degree with GPA of 2.0. You may schedule to take the ACT test in your local community (links are available on our website) and have your scores sent directly to Oakland University (school code #230700). You are required to take the basic ACT test only; the writing portion is not required
We respectfully request that you NOT contact Focus:HOPE directly for program information.