Nurse Aide (CNA Certification)
The Nurse Aide (NA) program is offered through Oakland University School of Nursing & Continuing Education in Detroit, Michigan. This course provides basic fundamental nursing skills and preparation for state certification as a Nurse Aide. An NA’s salary ranges from $10.00-$14.00 per hour. Students must complete 102 hours to successfully complete this program.
Class Dates: October 2016
Class Times: 1 p.m.- 5 p.m.
Credential Earned: Oakland University School of Nursing Certificate of Completion
Please contact Oakland University School of Nursing Continuing Education for questions or current schedule. Contact us at (313) 494-4653 or email CEnursing@oakland.edu.
Please visit Oakland University Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) for registration and payment.
- Daily care including bathing, feeding and dressing
- Vital sign measurement
- Range of motion exercises
- Application of hot and cold treatments
- Specimen collection
- Care of the patient with acute and chronic illnesses
- Safety with patient transfer and ambulation
- CNA Application
- Criminal Background Check
- Health Screening, including TB skin test
- Flu Vaccination (during applicable semester)
- Urine Drug Screen
- High School Diploma or GED
- Laboratory/clinical experience
- CPR Training
- Certification costs
Acceptance into the program is determined by a first-come first-served basis. You must submit all materials including the CNA Application and meet the criteria as stated in order to be eligible for possible acceptance.
To apply, please complete the Clinical Health Requirements and Health Assessment Clinical documents. They can be found on the Student Resources page.