TrainingOakland University laboratory workers are required to receive safety, health, and environmental information and training prior to working in the laboratory. The training that is required for a particular laboratory worker is based in part on the potential exposures in the work place and as required by state and federal regulatory agencies.
The following are guidelines to assist you in determining the training courses that you should attend. Discuss the guidelines with your supervisor and determine the appropriate training that will be required. Once the appropriate training has been determined, you must contact EH&S at ext. 4196 to schedule your training.
Oakland University offers the following training courses in Laboratory Safety:
- General Laboratory Safety (Right to Know)
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control
- Radiation Safety
- Radiation Awareness Training
- Research Hazards Awareness
- Analytical X-Ray and Radiation Producing Machines Safety
- Laser Safety
- Robotics Safety
- Hazardous Materials and Waste Management
- Shipment of Biological and Hazardous Materials
- Laboratory LockOut/Tag Out