Menu Menu

How to Obtain Your Grizzly ID

How to Obtain your GrizzlyID

Footprints Public Solution #88580

If you are a first time student please follow the steps listed in the First Time Students sections at the bottom of this page. Current and Former Students follow instructions below.

You can obtain your GrizzlyID by doing any of the following:

Visit in person and show a picture identification - Current or former students can go to any student services office.

If you cannot come to campus, complete, print and sign the form found here:

If you need your GrizzlyID for transcripts, it may be faster to submit a transcript request form. Your GrizzlyID will appear on the transcript for future reference. If you graduated before 1992, you must take this step. Complete and submit the transcript request at:

The timeline for obtaining transcripts per the Registrar's Office is as follows:

  • Official Transcript -- picked up in two working days or mailed within five (5) working days
  • Student Copy -- picked up in two working days or mailed within five (5) working days
  • Continuing Education -- mailed within ten (10) working days

The Office of the Registrar will not accept transcript requests by phone or e-mail.

Official transcripts will not be provided for students with outstanding financial obligations to the university.

Please let us know how you want to proceed.


First Time Students

Please contact the following department to obtain your GrizzlyID and setup an orientation.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
101 North Foundation Hall
Rochester, MI 48309-4401
(800) OAK-UNIV (800 625-8648)