- OU Honors College continues to grow, attract top students
- Oakland University student awarded national Jo Anne J. Trow Scholarship
- Honors College alum produces feature film “Beyond the Mask"
- Honors College hosts lunchtime discussion on autism
- Oakland Post editor selected as correspondent for USA TODAY
- Renowned innovator named Honorary Esteemed Fellow in OU's Honors College
- Honors College thesis turns into Washington Post photo essay for OU Journalism senior
- Honors College student researches post-homeschool life in Germany
- Student and professor team up for economic research
Welcome to the Honors College!
The Honors College at Oakland University is one of the most established honors colleges in the nation, and was founded on the principles set out by Matilda and Alfred Wilson when they donated their entire Meadow Brook estate to establish Oakland University. Those principles are that aspirational and talented young people benefit from the personal and individual interest of high-quality university faculty and staff. We provide such an environment for students, assisting them to excel in all their endeavors.