The Oakland University Graduate Council is a permanent standing committee of the University Senate, established to make recommendations to the Senate.
Its charge includes the following responsibilities:
- Making recommendations to the University Senate regarding proposed and existing graduate programs, including recommendations for program suspension or discontinuance.
- The Graduate Council shall seek, when necessary, the advice of other appropriate University bodies concerning the impact of new programs or changes in existing programs.
- Rendering advice to the Dean of Graduate Study on all matters concerning graduate program administration and support and ongoing graduate study activities as the Dean of Graduate Study may request.
- Conducting periodic reviews of graduate programs with reports of findings submitted to the University Senate and other appropriate bodies.
- Appointing subcommittees as necessary to assist the Graduate Council in its recommendations. The subcommittees shall report their recommendations to the Graduate Council in carrying out its responsibilities.
- Recommending to the President all candidates for graduate degrees.
| 2016 - 2017 Meetings|
|Click here to view the Graduate Council Minutes and Agendas for 2015-2016 meetings. |