Emergency & After Hours
- difficulty breathing, shortness of breath
- chest or upper abdominal pain or pressure
- fainting, sudden dizziness, weakness
- changes in vision
- confusion or changes in mental status
- any sudden or severe pain
- uncontrolled bleeding
- severe or persistent vomiting or diarrhea
- coughing or vomiting blood
- suicidal feelings
- difficulty speaking
- GHC is not equipped to handle a life threatening emergency.
- Call 3331 (campus phone) or 248-370-3333 (cell phone) to alert OU police and give the exact location and nature of the emergency
- If not on OU campus call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department
Local Emergency Departments
OU does not endorse these emergency care centers but lists them only as a service.
Please review your insurance policy in regards to deductibles that may apply.
1101 W University Drive
|William Beaumont Hospital - Troy|
|Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital|
50 N. Perry Street
& Urgent Care
Urgent condition that often can wait until morning include
- minor cuts/burns
- muscle sprains
- sore throat
- most fevers
- skin infections
Local Urgent Care Centers
OU does not endorse these Urgent Care Centers but lists them only as a service. We recommend that you contact your insurance company prior to visiting an Urgent Care Center to verify coverage of the service you are seeking, as well as any copays or deductibles. Confirming this information in advance will help you avoid unforeseen charges. All the Urgent Care Centers listed below, except the Rochester Medical Group, are covered under OU's Student Health Insurance, UHC-SR.
To verify if your insurance is accepted:
- Call the member service information phone number on the back of your insurance card.
- Inform your insurance company that you're planning to visit an Urgent Care Center in your area.
- Confirm your benefits and coverage for the specific service you are seeking.
|Concentra Urgent Care|
1915 N Perry St
Pontiac MI 48340
Monday through Friday 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Inside CVS (Walton and Adams)
3010 Walton Blvd.
Rochester HIlls, MI 48309
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. -5:30 p.m.
Sunday 10 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Closed from 1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 1 - 1:30 p.m. Saturday - Sunday
Rochester Hills DocNow at Well Pointe
1701 South Blvd East, Suite150 (west of Dequindre)
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Monday - Friday 6 a.m. -10 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 9 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Rochester Medical Group (Not covered by UHC-SR)
Rochester Urgent Care
Two options are available
1. Plan B
- Effective if taken within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected intercourse
- Is available at Graham Health Center during normal business hours
- No office visit is required unless you are under age 18
- Cost is $ 18
- Picture ID is required
- It is not intended to be used for routine birth control and will not stop an existing pregnancy
- Effective if taken within 120 hours( 5 days)
- By prescription only and available at Graham Health Center for $20
- Office visit at GHC required ($30 if no insurance)