An uptick of reported cases of the Norovirus or "stomach virus" in the last couple weeks in Oakland County has been confirmed.
Vandenberg Cafe has carry-out meals for those who are sick with food items to help ease upset stomachs.
The most important thing you can do to avoid getting sick is to wash your hands thoroughly and often with warm water and mild soap!
Officials from the Graham Health Center emphasize that the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizer alone is NOT effective against Norovirus. They also say that self-isolation (to the extent possible) is one good way to help reduce transmission of the virus.
Public Health Fact Sheet on the Norovirus for your information
Clean-up and disinfection instructions for dealing with Norovirus
Graham Health Center
- For new patients, our registration form can be downloaded and completed before you arrive.
- Plan at least for a 60- to 90-minute visit.
- To bill your insurance you MUST provide a hard copy of your insurance card (front & back). This may be faxed to GHC at (248) 370-2691.
- Same-day appointments are usually available.
- Walk-ins are accepted for sick visits but wait times are less predictable.
- To avoid a no show fee of $15 please cancel your appointment at least 24 hours in advance.
- Please read the Patient Rights and Responsibilities before your visit.
Faculty and staff are eligible when they have work-related injuries or if they are ill. Priority Health and traditional BC/BS health insurance will reimburse for services at GHC. HAP will reimburse for Urgent Care services (non life threatening illness or injury).
See Graham Health Center Notice of Privacy Practices for more information.
If you are 18 years of age or older or an emancipated minor (defined under Michigan law as being married, on active duty in the armed forces or by court order), your health records will be released only with your written consent.
If you are 16 years of age or older, all sexually-related health records are confidential. This includes sexually transmitted infections, contraception and pregnancy testing. These health records will be released only with your written consent.