What to do if ...
Please follow the instructions you received on the error message and contact your financial institution for more information. If your card is a debit card there may be a limit on the dollar amount per transaction.
Error message on eBill for ACH or PayPath for credit/debit cards
Follow the instructions on the error message. If you're not sure what the error message means, call us with the following information: Grizzly ID, the amount of the payment you attempted to make, credit card number, expiration date, and the date you tried to make the payment. If possible, take a screenshot of the error message or write down the information in the error message.
Payment isn't posted to eBill or c redit card was charged twice
I don't understand a charge on my bill
The department that charged your account keeps records of your transactions. Contact the department.
Financial aid hasn't applied to my account
Make sure you've met all of your requirements.
I have a hold on my account
How to Pay / eBill
Beginning July 1, 2016, all e-commerce systems, including eBill, will be discontinuing support for a security standard called TLS version 1.0. To ensure you can continue to access e-commerce systems, such as eBill, after July 1, 2016, we recommend that you review your browser settings. Click here for more information.
All payments must be in U.S. currency. Remittance should be made payable to “Oakland University” and identified with the student name and the last four digits of the Grizzly ID number. We do not accept payments over the phone.
Payments returned by the bank are considered nonpayment and may result in cancellation of registration. A $25 charge will be assessed for returned items.
Oakland University uses an electronic billing notification and payment system known as eBill. Students can authorize parents or other third parties to access the eBill system to view bills, enroll in payment plans, and make payments. Students can log in to eBill at oakland.edu/r/ebill to set up an authorized user.
Online payment methods include:
- online checking or savings account, or
- debit/credit card through a third-party processor. The processor accepts VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover, and will add a 2.75% (minimum $3) convenience charge to the transaction. This charge is assessed by the processor, not Oakland University, and will not appear on your student account nor be covered by financial aid. Revenue from the charge goes directly to the processor to cover the cost of processing the credit/debit card. The convenience charge is not refundable under any circumstance.
You will need your Grizzly ID number and six-digit SAIL PIN. The account will be credited immediately when paying by eBill. Electronic payment confirmations will be sent to the student's OU email.
Please remember that Student Accounts Past Due holds will be removed 5-10 minutes after paying the amount due. Partial payments will be reflected in the hold amount within 24 hours.
- Select eBill from the OU home page
- Log into eBill using your Grizzly ID and six-digit PIN
- Select Authorized Users tab from the My Account menu
- Select Add Authorized User and enter the email address of the person you are adding and select access, click Continue
- Agree to the terms and conditions (you may also print them) and click Continue
Payments can be made in person at the Cashier’s Office, 120 North Foundation Hall, by cash or check. Credit/debit cards are not accepted in person at the Cashier’s Office. The student account will be credited immediately when paying in person. Be sure to bring your driver’s license, OU GrizzCard or other government issued picture identification. Receipts will be mailed to the student if the payment is made by a third party who does not know the Grizzly ID at the time of payment.
Oakland University has partnered with Flywire (formerly known as peerTransfer) to make international payments safe and easy. Flywire allows students to pay from almost any country and any bank. They also offer excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing students to pay in their home currency (in most cases) and save money, compared to traditional banks. Students will be able to track the progress of their payments throughout the transfer process with a student dashboard and e-mail notifications.
Click or go to: Flywire to make a payment.