Generally the lead time is 3-5 days for your funds to appear in your bank account.
You may choose any U.S. bank account for your direct deposit payment. If you choose to have your funds deposited into a checking account, you must know the routing and account number when you enroll and select “Checking.” If you choose to have your funds deposited in a savings account, you must know the routing and account number when you enroll and select “Savings.”
You can elect to have the funds deposited to the GrizzGoldCard OU Credit Union account. Simply obtain your routing number and account number verification form from the OU Credit Union to use when you enroll in direct deposit. Make sure you select “Checking” at the time of enrollment. Unfortunately, we are unable to direct deposit funds to your GrizzCa$h account. Direct deposit in not an option for Parent PLUS refunds at the present time.
Oakland University currently participates with over 9,500 banks across the United States. If a direct deposit is not accepted by your bank, Oakland University will be notified and the reason for rejection will be reviewed. If the reason for rejection cannot be resolved, you will be issued a check.
Non-payroll direct deposit is for:
- refunds of financial aid
- payments for dropped classes that were made by cash or check
- reimbursements for student organization-related expenses
You will be notified by OU email when a direct deposit is made into your account.
If you have questions about non-payroll direct deposit, please contact us at (248) 370-2550 or email@example.com.
Payroll direct deposit is for:
- student employment paychecks
- Work-Study paychecks
You will be able to retrieve a copy of your pay stub through the portal at mysail.oakland.edu. After logging in, click SAIL, then go to Employee Services, Pay Information, Pay Stub.
You can verify your deposit by calling your bank or by checking your balance through an ATM cash station or online service.
If you have questions about payroll direct deposit, please contact the Payroll Department at (248) 370-3472 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log into MySAIL
- Select SAIL from the Important Oakland Services menu
- Select Personal Information
- View/Update Direct Deposit Non-Payroll: to enroll in and manage direct deposit for payments for refunds of excess financial aid, dropped classes that were made by cash AND/OR reimbursements for student organization-related expenses
- View/Update Direct Deposit – Payroll: to enroll in and manage direct deposit information for paycheck