- Eye Research Institute
- About the ERI
- Director's Message
- Student Research
- Calendar and Open Positions
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Ocular Structure & Imaging (OS&I) Facility
- PRRL Lab
- top links
Eye Research Institute
Welcome to the Eye Research Institute at Oakland University. Our four point mission is:
- to conduct research in visual sciences and to enhance understanding of fundamental processes in ocular tissue related to health and disease;
- to conduct research on the causes and possible cures for various eye diseases;
- to offer residents and fellows in ophthalmology opportunities for research;
- to provide an environment for research training for advanced students (both undergraduate and graduate) who are interested in pursuing careers in visual sciences and the biomedical field.
The ERI has a greater than 40 year history in vision research and has received more than $50 million from external agencies such as the National Eye Institute (NEI). The ERI is formally associated with William Beaumont Hospital, Department of Ophthalmology and Associated Retinal Consultants.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!