Reporting Alleged Violations
REPORTING ALLEGED VIOLATIONS OF THE SCC
All members of the OU community are encouraged to immediately report alleged violations of the SCC as follows:
- Non-Academic Misconduct: Report to the Dean of Students, an OU Housing Resident Assistant or Resident Director and/or the Oakland University Police Department (“OUPD”).
- Academic Misconduct: Students report to the appropriate faculty member and faculty and others report to the Dean of Students in writing or by completing the form located at www.oakland.edu/deanofstudents. The report should include a written statement and relevant evidence (original material when available).
- Student Organization Misconduct: Report to the Director of the Center for Student Activities and Leadership Development and/or OUPD.
The Dean of Students, an OU Housing Resident Assistant or Resident Director, OUPD and the Director of the Center for Student Activities and Leadership Development will accept anonymous complaints. There are no time limits upon reporting alleged violations, although delays in reporting alleged violations may adversely impact OU’s ability to address the alleged violations.
CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES AND CONDUCT POSING A THREAT TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY SHOULD ALWAYS BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY TO OUPD AS FOLLOWS:
- By Campus Phone: Dial 911
- By Non-Campus Phone: Dial (248) 370-3331
- By Text: Send Your Message To MRAVE (67283)