- DIA displays Murillo painting re-discovered at Meadow Brook Hall
- Husband and wife journalism faculty create scholarship endowment
- Incoming Oakland Post editors meet alumni working in journalism in NYC
- Journalism alumni win top honors from Detroit Society of Professional Journalists
- The voice of the Pistons, Mark Champion, will be teaching Sports Broadcasting at OU this summer
- Undergrad's research on the use of guilt appeals in advertising wins award
- WXOU earns College Station of the Year — again!
Department of Communication and Journalism
Welcome to the Department of Communication and Journalism where we …
- Boast a world-class faculty of leading researchers and practitioners in our fields. And, we take the time to know students by name.
- Deliver direct access to an exceptional education in journalism and communication, using state-of-the art tools, that prepares students to enter the constantly changing media and communication industries or pursue graduate studies.
- Encourage students to gain real-world experiences right here on campus by hosting or producing their own shows on the student-run radio and television stations, WXOU and OUTV, and by becoming a staff member or contributor at the independent student newspaper, The Oakland Post.
- Promote Study Abroad opportunities to ensure students are competitive in a globally connected, transnational marketplace.
- Produce students who are leaders, who make a difference in the world, and who are always ready for the next great challenge.