- 05/20/15 - "CETL Teaching Tips" workshop
- 05/28/15 - "Getting Your Research Moving in the Right Direction" workshop
- 06/04/15 - "Seeking Grants and Writing Proposals"
- 06/11/15 - IRB "Approval for Research with Human Subjects" workshop
- 08/04/15 - "New Faculty - Getting Started at OU - Pre-Orientation" workshop series
- 08/24/15 - New Full-time Faculty Welcome Dinner and Orientation
- 08/25/15 - "New Full-time Faculty Orientation" workshop
- 08/26/15 - "New Part-time Faculty Orientation" workshop
- 09/09/15- Orientation to Mentoring Support for Emerging Faculty- Faculty Development Institutes(FDI)
- 09/10/15- Orientation for Graduate Students for Teaching Assistant & Future Teaching in Higher Education Series
- 09/10/15- Orientation to Team-Based Learning(TBL)- Faculty Development Institutes(FDI)
- 09/16/15- Orientation to Teaching with Technology for Technophobes-Faculty Development Institutes(FDI)
- 09/17/15 - Faculty feedback: Providing Early Feedback To Students
Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
| We congratulate Barbara Oakley's 2014 publication of A Mind For Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra), a critically-acclaimed book on how to empower any learner to like and love math and science. |
Watch Oakley's "Learning How to Learn" TEDxOakland University TalkListen to her interview on Science Friday.
Five OU Faculty Recognized in Faculty Focus' "Best of 2014 SoTL Scholarship" List
We congratulate the Department of Sociology's Amanda Burgess-Proctor, Graham Cassano, Dennis Condron, Heidi Lyons, and George Sanders for their collaborative efforts to research and publish student writing practices and improvement within their discipline. Their article "A Collective Effort to Improve Sociology Students’ Writing Skills" was published in Teaching Sociology.
See other OU-authored teaching and learning research publications.
If you have published work focused on teaching and learning, contact Judy Ableser to be added to this list (firstname.lastname@example.org).
| We congratulate Claudio Cortes , who won the Dr. Wilbert McKeachie Poster Competition at the 9th Annual Teaching and Learning Conference. The co-authors include: Venjin Zhou, Malli Barremkala, Mizumi Malhan, Sofia Kosmidis and Todor Moldovan.|
Title: Creation of an Innovative Interactive Learning Game Tool for Anatomy