The Department of Campus Recreation offers both fitness assessments and additional fitness education programs to help individuals build the foundation for a health and active lifestyle.
Move Your Body Dance Party
During Love My Body Week, come join the Move Your Body Dance Party as several different Campus Rec GroupX Instructors take you through various different dance routines! All are welcome for this free event!
- Date: Thursday 10/15 6pm-7:30pm
- Where: Gym Court 1
- Cost: FREE for ALL Rec Members in the OU Community
Drop-In Body Compositions
Working towards a weight loss goal? Then take advantage of our Drop-in Body Composition service to help you keep on track! Drop-In, no appointment necessary. Generally falls on the first Monday of every month.
- Times Offered: 5:30am-9am; 11am-1pm; 4pm-8pm
- UpcomingFall Dates: November 2, December 7
- Where: Recreation Center, Fitness Assessment Room (located in the Fitness Center)
- Cost: $5 fee (includes a report measuring your weight, blood pressure, percent body fat, and flexibility). Pay at the Welcome Center and bring your receipt to the fitness assistant.
Know Your Numbers
Know Your Numbers is a fitness assessment program designed to provide individuals with important information and “numbers” relating to their health. Quick assessments will be offered for FREE at the Recreation Center on the following dates. Some of the fitness assessments offered include: Blood pressure, BMI, flexibility, body composition, and muscular fitness.
- Times Offered: 5:30am-9am; 11am-1pm; 4pm-8p
- Where: Recreation Center, Outside Studio 897 (located downstairs outside the Fitness Center)
- Upcoming Fall Dates & Topics:
- October 21 Muscular Fitness (pushups & situps)
- November 18 Body Composition (Bioelectrical Impedance & BMI)
Fitness Center Orientations
Designed for members who are new to working out and/or using our fitness center. Members will learn to safely and properly use the exercise equipment and the basic components of strength training. Workout clothes & exercise shoes are encouraged!
- Offered: FREE All Day, Every Day!
- Stop by the Fitness Center today to chat with a Fitness Assistant and get oriented.
TGIF (Teens Getting Into Fitness)
Designed for 13-17 year old teenagers who would like to use the Fitness Center. Teens will learn to safely and properly use the exercise equipment. Once the TGIF program is complete, the teen will receive a card to bring with them every time they use the Fitness Center. The Fitness Assistant on duty will ask to see their completion card. Parents/guardians must remain in the Fitness Center with the child during all workouts. Participants must bring current photo with them for TGIF card to be made.
- Cost: FREE
- Time: approx. 45-60 minutes
- Registration: Contact Melissa (248) 370-4911 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the program.
Biggest Loser Challenge
Returning January 2016! Stay tuned for more details.
For more information on any Fitness Programs, contact email@example.com or (248) 370-4594.