Ideas 2 Business
Oakland University offers its Ideas to Business (I2B) program to assist students and faculty members in launching new business ventures, including business plan development and presentation, and, where approved, support for commercialization through an established partnership with one of the OU Incubators.
If members of the OU community have business ideas, they can submit applications describing the opportunity to i2B. If accepted into the program, the entrepreneurs will reap advantages that will advance their path to commercialization and increase their chances of success.
Some of these advantages include:
- Getting OU student help, at no charge
- Receiving guidance from successful business professionals who serve as i2B mentors
- Gaining access to expertise from different OU departments including business, technology, engineering, law, etc.
I2B connects OU entrepreneurs with the resources they need to explore, define and launch a new business venture. If you think you have a great business idea, apply to i2B today!
A mentor will assist i2B entrepreneurs by monitoring progress, providing encouragement, and sharing advice. These volunteers can be executives and entrepreneurs as well as OU faculty, staff, and alumni. Subject to the mentors’ schedule, they will meet with the entrepreneurs approximately once every two weeks, or more if desired. During the meetings mentors may:
- Provide specific business advice and expertise
- Work with the entrepreneur to develop his/her action plan
- Help the entrepreneur adhere to deadlines and overcome hurdles by monitoring his or her action plan
Mentors and other volunteers may become involved in many other i2B activities, such as judging pitch presentations, speaking in classes, and/or even conducting workshops.