Bachelor of Integrative Studies
The program weaves flexibility and decision making into an opportunity for students to achieve unique personal and career goals. Students in the program have clearly identified educational goals and academic needs that can be achieved better through the BIS degree than through a traditional major. The goals of the program are as follows:
- Offer students with cross-departmental interests the opportunity to develop their own curricular programs.
- Offer students a baccalaureate program that integrates past course work with present career and personal goals.
- Prepare students for post-baccalaureate education in cross-departmental fields.
- Encourage students to take responsibility for educational and career planning.
- Assist students in educational and personal development.