- This workshop is full. If you have not already registered, please note that you can view a video of the workshop after the event on the CETL website.
- Panelists will share their writing tips and provide information about resources to support writers. Panelists include Brad Roth (Physics), Jo Reger (Sociology/Women and Gender Studies), Libin Rong (Mathematics and Statistics), and Jennifer Vonk (Psychology). Our focus will include the STEM areas as well as the social sciences.
- Tuesday, March 31, 2015, noon to 1:30 p.m. in 200A Elliott Hall.
- Lunch provided. Open to all faculty members.
- Best Practices: Becoming a Full Professor - Thursday, April 2, 3:30 to 5 p.m. in 233 Hannah Hall
- Join WISE@OU for our panel discussion about suggested best practices in the process of becoming a full professor and applying for promotion. Faculty and administrators from across campus will share their knowledge.
- Panelists will include Provost James Lentini, CAS Dean Kevin Corcoran, SECS Associate Dean Beth Zou, and Political Science Chair David Dulio.
- RSVP is appreciated but not necessary - e-mail Leanne DeVreugd at email@example.com.
- See slides and handouts from our previous events on the OU Resources page.
For those who were unable to attend the original events, WISE@OU has created videos of workshops and discussions.
- In the Fall of 2014, WISE@OU supported the AAUP workshop focused on the tenure process. This workshop helps junior faculty develop a better understanding of this process. Faculty who have served on FRPC as well as the Provost participated in this panel discussion and gave tips for preparing dossiers.
- Past years' tenure workshop videos can be found here and here.
- In December 2014, WISE@OU hosted special guest speaker Dr. Deborah DeZure from Michigan State University. Dr. DeZure is the Assistant Provost for Faculty and Organizational Development, and is a leader in research on faculty career development, mentoring, and leadership. In this video, Dr. DeZure shares her tips for successfully surviving and thriving in mid-career.
- For more videos, see the OU Resources page.