- March 20 - Soundings Series
Please RSVP using this poll: http://bit.ly/2lIzudL
Attend either workshop: Friday March 17 at 2-3 p.m. OR Friday April 7 at 2-3 p.m. in Kresge Library room 242 (Nyberg Room). This workshop is open to faculty and graduate students.
Interested in making your research more visible online? You can do so by creating scholarly profiles! In this workshop, you'll learn:
- why you should create scholarly profiles
- how to create profiles
- benefits/drawbacks of each profile system
The Office of Research Administration is now accepting applications for the Soundings Series. Faculty can self-nominate or be nominated. See link below for nomination form. Please submit applications by Thursday, March 2 to Leanne DeVreugd, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to register.
- Kathy Moore and Keith Williams will share tips and best practices for working with teaching assistants. Lunch provided by CETL.
Thursday, March 30 from 2-4 p.m. in Lake Michigan Room, Oakland Center
Got questions about Human Resources? We've got answers! Join Joi Cunningham and Michelle Piskulich for a Question and Answer session with Academic Human Resources. Topics addressed during this session include (but are not limited to):
- pregnancy and adoption
- FMLA and other leaves
- tenure clock
Please bring your questions and join this informal discussion of relevant policies and procedures. RSVPs are appreciated. Contact Leanne DeVreugd (email@example.com) to RSVP.
Mid-Career Faculty Events
- See slides and handouts from our previous mid-career events on the OU Resources page.
For those who were unable to attend the original events, WISE@OU has created videos of workshops and discussions.
- In the Fall of 2014, WISE@OU supported the AAUP workshop focused on the tenure process. This workshop helps junior faculty develop a better understanding of this process. Faculty who have served on FRPC as well as the Provost participated in this panel discussion and gave tips for preparing dossiers.
- Past years' tenure workshop videos can be found here and here.
- In December 2014, WISE@OU hosted special guest speaker Dr. Deborah DeZure from Michigan State University. Dr. DeZure is the Assistant Provost for Faculty and Organizational Development, and is a leader in research on faculty career development, mentoring, and leadership. In this video, Dr. DeZure shares her tips for successfully surviving and thriving in mid-career.
- For more videos, see the OU Resources page.