- dialing (248) 370-3331 from a cell phone or 911 from a campus phone
- sending a text message starting with OUPD to MRAVE (67283)
- submitting an anonymous tip
- Youth Protection Information Sheet for Faculty and Staff
- Minors on Campus Checklist
- Incident Response Protocols
Service Agreements for Program Directors
How to order a background check:
- As an applicant, you should have received an applicant instruction form either by email or hard copy. If not, please check with your program director.
- Using the link on the applicant instruction form or by clicking on the Certified Background button below, go to Certifiedbackground.com.
- Enter your program's specific package code in the orange "Place Order" box. Then enter the pin code provided by your program director.
- Follow the steps listed, enter your personal identifiers and submit your background check.
- At the end of the order, you will receive confirmation that the order is completed, as well as an email confirmation.
Robert M. Thompson
Certified Background Senior Account Consultant
(888) 723-4263, ext.7141
The Certified Background Service Desk
(888) 723-4263, ext. 7196
The American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children is the leading national organization supporting professionals who serve children and families affected by child maltreatment and violence.
Childhelp® – (800) 4-A-CHILD
Founded in 1959 by Sara O'Meara and Yvonne Fedderson, Childhelp® is a leading national non-profit organization dedicated to helping victims of child abuse and neglect.
Child Welfare Information Gateway
Child Welfare Information Gateway connects child welfare and related professionals to comprehensive information and resources to help protect children and strengthen families. We feature the latest on topics from prevention to permanency, including child abuse and neglect, foster care, and adoption.
Child Welfare League of America (CWLA)
CWLA is a powerful coalition of hundreds of private and public agencies serving vulnerable children and families since 1920. Our expertise, leadership and innovation on policies, programs, and practices help improve the lives of millions of children in all 50 states. Our impact is felt worldwide.
Darkness to Light
Darkness to Light programs raise awareness of the prevalence and consequences of child sexual abuse by educating adults about the steps they can take to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to the reality of child sexual abuse.
FRIENDS National Resource Center for Community-Based Child Abuse Prevention (CBCAP)
FRIENDS provides training and technical assistance to Federally funded CBCAP Programs.
Michigan Child Abuse Hotline – (855) 444-3911
Speak up about abuse and neglect. Call (855) 444-3911 any time day or night. This new toll-free phone number allows you to report abuse or neglect of any child or adult to the Michigan Department of Human Services.
National Alliance of Children’s Trust and Prevention Funds
The National Alliance of Children’s Trust and Prevention Funds (Alliance) is a membership organization that provides training, technical assistance and peer consulting opportunities to state Children’s Trust and Prevention Funds and strengthens their efforts to prevent child abuse.
Stop It Now
Stop It Now! prevents the sexual abuse of children by mobilizing adults, families and communities to take actions that protect children before they are harmed.